Philotimo Scholarship Competition
JUST ANNOUNCED – 2017 Philotimo Scholarship Winners
1st place – Steven Vournazos (Newtown, Conn.)
2nd place – Vivi Christopoulos (Knoxville, Tenn.) & Odysseas Nikas (Chicago, Ill.)
3rd place – Michael Vlahos (Safety Harbor, Fl.) & Elizabeth Tsouristakis (Astoria, NY)
Attention Greek-American students
The Washington Oxi Day Foundation is offering the following five scholarships to the Greek-American students (grades 6-12) who best describe “philotimo”
First Place: $2,000 scholarship and invitation to the Foundation’s October 26 black tie gala in Washington, DC, where the winner will be introduced
Second Place: $1,000 scholarships (two)
Third Place: $500 scholarships (two)
How To Apply:
1. Watch our Foundation’s video on the subject of philotimo titled The Greek Secret online at www.oxidayfoundation.org/video-the-greek-secret/
2. In 500 words or less, answer one of the following questions:
- What does philotimo mean to you?
- What are some extraordinary examples of philotimo that you have seen?
- What are the things you can do in your daily life to exhibit philotimo?
- How can philotimo improve your life?
3. Submit your answer to the Foundation by the deadline of Friday, October 6 via email at email@example.com